cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing web request naming rules

thierry_chea1
Participant

Hello,

From a Service, I have the following Dynamic requests that I want to aggregate :

- /authent/authUrl/aHR0cCUzQ3B4JTNGTWVudSUzRA==

- /authent/authUrl/aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRelM0QlMjUyZg==

I have create a clean URL rule to solve this with the following Java regexp but it seems that the aggregation doesn't work :

- (/authent/authUrl/).*

Did I miss something ?

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11

michael_kopp
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you post a screenshot of what you did.

The regex you show here would match the full uri and thus set it to empty, which we won't do.

The easier option would be to define a Web request naming here that would match URIs starting with "/authent/authUrl" and call the web request "/authent/authUrl"

Can you try.

This was working for us also, then sometime around the 132 update, the grouping stopped working and now no matter what we do or how we attempt to get them to group again - it won't work. We've recently updated to 134 and it still wont' recognize the groupings it did prior to 132.

Has anyone figured this out? This was working for us without and issue and no longer works to group them.

thierry_chea1
Participant

Hello,

I have tried the second option and the URLs seems not to be aggregate. Here is my request naming :

And here is the dynamic requests I got :

Markus_Riedl-Eh
Newcomer

Wouldn't it be easier to match the 'URL Path' in this case?

thierry_chea1
Participant

Hello,

Yes, I have tried to configure my request naming like this :

and this :

But in both cases, I got the same result :

Regards,

alicia_pepper
Organizer

This was working for us also, then sometime around the 132 update,
the grouping stopped working and now no matter what we do or how we
attempt to get them to group again - it won't work. We've recently
updated to 134 and it still wont' recognize the groupings it did prior
to 132.

Has anyone figured this out? This was working for us without and issue and no longer works to group them.

james_leatherma
Participant

Yes, I am having the same issue here. Has anyone submitted a Jira ticket?

Hi

Just did something similar yesterday on 134 and it worked.

I had to use (/mypattern/).*

Regards

Flo

just a note, please newer use such a match. all it says is that you require stuff behind the pattern and want to go to the end of the string. It makes the regex slower, but actually nothing else. so just leaving out the trailing or leading .* is usually a good thing to do.

it is a common misunderstanding that a regex needs to match the full URL. it doesn't need to just, a substring is good enough to match.

james_leatherma
Participant

Hey, it magically started working this morning!

if your system got the upgrade to 136, that would make sense per

SUP-5639 - Web Request Naming stopped working

it's fixed in 136