A week or so ago I put up a Post about text sizing and syntax that was changed in the UI for the Markdown tile. Yes it might have been a bit trivial. Now there is a bigger issue at hand.
The 241 cluster update has broken all Markdown Tile Links on the dashboards.
The update introduced a space in between the #Dashboard, thus breaking the link. Now I have to correct millions of links over thousands of dashboards!? Seriously Dynatrace? Where is the R & D teams on these changes?
Link to the Text Issue that was reported Last Week: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-Open-Q-A/Why-don-t-we-have-automation-for-UI-Changes/td...
Solved! Go to Solution.
I second Chad's frustrations. I doubt we're the only users that utilize mark down tiles to craft SUITES of dashboards for our users. Only to have them break because of a syntax change with a cluster update.
I believe I've said this in my past posts, I'm all for innovation & improvements. However, it SHOULD NOT BREAK functionality.
Update from Support:
"This appears to be a known issue and the fix has been completed and is being rolled out to saas tenants right now.
Can you check back in about an hour to see if the issue has been fixed."
Due to security reasons we had to update the library that we use for the markdown. Thus, good intentions!
However, after the initial release we found a minor issue with headers, which we wanted to fix fast and in the process introduced another (bigger) issue, the one you mentioned.
Since we are already rolling out the second fix, I am only left with apologising for not having detected this on our environments still and will assure you that next time we will make sure to test such updates and fixes thereof more thoroughly!