Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster node capabilities

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dynatrace has an option for Cluster node capabilities,

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-managed/configuration/clust...

where for instance certain nodes can be dedicated to UI traffic, or to processing OneAgent data.

My main idea is maximizing cluster node usage, while also bringing response times down.

Has anyone used this and have some practical advice on how this would really help? I imagine "it depends", but some factors come to mind:

• The ratio between processing needed for UI and OneAgents differs from Organization to Organization. Are there metrics that we could rely on to make this configuration?
  • If for instance a node doesn't serve OneAgents, do the required modules for processing OneAgent traffic get unloaded and stop using resources, like memory, for instance?
  • Faster UI response times is one of the announced improvements, but is it better in the case where we disable OneAgent traffic on certain nodes, or we disable Web UI on certain nodes?
  • I imagine that in the typical 3 node cluster configuration, we could not disable OneAgent traffic in one of the nodes, due to the split-brain sync problems?
  • If we would dedicate only one node for UI, I believe that in the case of update for that node, or for some reason it goes down, that the UI would be inaccessible?
Antonio Sousa
1 REPLY 1

techean
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi,

This is quite interesting, is any kind of DNS load balancing happens for oneagent and UI client traffic on nodes? or does this request gets segregated using any kind or pre-processor on nodes?

KG