cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create global request naming rule using configuration API based on CUSTOMSERVICE_CLASS

mattias_wessma2
Inactive

Trying to create a global request naming rule for all my custom services as requests now are named {CustomService:Class}.{CustomService:Mehod} - I would like to change request name per default to {CustomService:Method} only by using Configuration API to post a request naming rule. Can't get my request validated. The one thing I need to check is that CUSTOMSERVICE_CLASS exists; tried this:

{

"enabled": true,

"namingPattern": "{CustomService:Method}",

"conditions": [

{

"attribute": "CUSTOMSERVICE_CLASS",

"comparisonInfo": {

"type": "BOOLEAN",

"comparison": "EXISTS",

"negate": false

}

}

]

}

Gets this:

{

"error": {

"code": 400,

"message": "Constraints violated.",

"constraintViolations": [

{

"path": "conditions[0].attribute",

"message": "Request naming condition invalid combination of type, attribute and matcher",

"parameterLocation": "PAYLOAD_BODY",

"location": null

}

]

}

}

Any ideas what's wrong/missing in my request? Also tried adding "value": true. Figured I could create exact same rule for one single custom service through GUI, read from API to fetch the definitions - but fetching all request naming rules gave no content.

3 REPLIES 3

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

The documentation is a bit lacking here, I had a similar issue yesterday.

When fetching the rules from the API, only global rules are returned, that is why your work around wasn't possible, I tried the same 😉

I wanted to check that a certain request attribute exists, I got that wo work with:

{
  "enabled": true,
  "namingPattern": "Test - {RequestAttribute:Lasttest NA}",
  "conditions": [
    {
      "attribute": "SERVICE_REQUEST_ATTRIBUTE",
      "comparisonInfo": {
        "type": "STRING_REQUEST_ATTRIBUTE",
        "comparison": "EXISTS",
        "value": null,
        "negate": false,
        "requestAttribute": "Lasttest NA",
        "caseSensitive": false
      }
    }
  ],
  "placeholders":
}

I tried the value field first aswell, but the error actually said that requestAttribute had do be present.

From your error message I would conclude that CUSTOMSERVICE_CLASS can't be comined with the EXISTS matcher.

I would try it like this:

{
   "enabled":true,
   "namingPattern":"{CustomService:Method}",
   "conditions":[
      {
         "attribute":"CUSTOMSERVICE_CLASS",
         "comparisonInfo":{
            "type":"STRING",
            "comparison":"EQUALS",
            "value":"..yourClassToMatch..",
            "negate":false
         }
      }
   ]
}

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thanks, using EQUALS (or I ended up using CONTAINS) worked fine! Would be kind of interesting finding out correct syntax for using EXISTS as well though. Fiddling around with "lasttest" I see, fellow Swede?

German actually 😉

Yes, the documentation should definitely be enhanced a bit here. Either by adding more examples or including the possible combinations and fields that aren't mentioned in the current example.

I already submitted this via usersnap in the documentation though.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net