cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Audit of sent notifications

Question - does DT keep an audit trail for sent notifications? Like 'message NNN sent via integration YYY at Date, Time'?

13 REPLIES 13

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Currently no, but that would be a great RFE as we get people saying many times "I didnt get alerted"

-Chad

Chad, we are having on weekly bases questions like 'did DT sent out a notification to the system RRR for the problem NNN happened on the day XX?

Having such a feature would be essential if the software stack needs to be part of the audit/discovery/response management.

Thats understandable, Id also put myself as a CC for the email alert integration that way I can show users that yes, I got an alert as its in my email too. Without needed to reach out to support.

-Chad

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If you need to track one, id reach out to Dynatrace support and they can look at the back end and see what problem alerted what configuration and integration.

-Chad

OK, will tell my folks that in case something is really needed, they can do it.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Check audit logs. This one in particular:

audit.notifications.*.*.log

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Theodore_x86
Guide

Hello. Can someone check the sent notifications in a SaaS tenant?

Hi @Theodore_x86 , not yet, I have created an idea for it: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Include-Problem-Notification-to-Audit-Logs/idi-p/21...

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Thanks @dannemca , voted!

Hi @Theodore_x86  & @dannemca 

Maybe Server - Notifications - Problem Notifications metrics can help you a bit?

Yosi_Neuman_0-1688452826166.pngYosi_Neuman_1-1688452848247.png

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thanks a lot Yosi, I will try the metric and see if it helps for our case.

It does help, @Yosi_Neuman , but when you want to see the notification/profile status only. If you have many problems happening in the same timeframe, it gets hard to check the status for those individually. So the Idea I posted suggest to include the ProblemID as dimension to this metric.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Voted too 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts