cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database are shown as "unavailable" in Dynatrace

Hello community!

I have 5 databases (MSSQL)

I have 5 applications which use this databases on these technologies: ASP.NET (Net framework 4.5.1.0, ASP.NET (4.6.1.0), CLR (FullCLR 4.0.30319.0), IIS App Pool ( 7.5.7600.16385), WCF 4.6.1.0

I have different IIS Apppools - different applications, but Dynatrace detected and aggregated all database queries & requests to one database with name <unavailable>.


What can i do in this situation?

On another hosts i have same situation.


Regards,

Alexander


11 REPLIES 11

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

It seems that dynatrace is not able to read database name from connection string. As I understand you have totally default way of connection to DB?

Sebastian


Hi All We are also facing similar issue where database service name discovered as <unavailable>


Do you see properties in such <unavailalble> service for those DB's? Or they are blank too?

Sebastian


We have default way of connection to DB.

May it been caused by this: we have database on same hosts?

Regards,

Alexander


It shouldn't be issue because even if you are referencing to DB on local host, you have specified database name in settings. This should be detected by Dynatrace. Maybe open support ticket for this case and come back here with results. I'm curious about this issue too.


Sebastian


Thank you for fast reply, i will open support ticket.

Regards,

Alexander


gvasant2
Visitor

I have the same question. Was a support ticket raised? Please share if anything came out of it.


Hello Vasanth,

I've found the support ticket for a similar issue in our Jira (the names of the databases are shown as <unavailable> and the same technologies and their versions were used) and I've found out that it was resolved in the OneAgent upgrade 1.165. The issue appeared because connection string parsing could not handle the DataSource key correctly.

If you still have similar problems to the one described by Alexander and the OneAgent 1.165 upgrade didn't work for you, it would be best if you would open the support ticket yourself.


If you have any questions about the Forum, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Many thanks Maciej. We have the version 1.175 but we still see this error. Apparently, this is only a few apps while most of the apps show the host name and IP address properly. I was hoping this would be something of an app/code level fix. Do you think so?


Thanks

Vasanth


The support ticket for this issue was closed after the 1.165 OneAgent update, so for this particular error, this update worked for the client. In the whole ticket, there was no mention of any possible fix that user could do on his/her own, so, unfortunately, I can't help you with this at this moment. Opening the support ticket is probably the best way to do this, especially if this needs a fix in the OneAgent itself.


If you have any questions about the Forum, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

In my case Customer have only one database on that environment, so name <unavailable> was not critical for our PoC.

I also think that Dynatrace support solve it quickly.

Regards,

Alexander