cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database metrics not available from monitored DB server

srivathsan_s06
Participant

In one of the application environments , Dynatrace is installed across web/app/ DB tiers.

The problem I face is there is no Database metrics available under the DB server host in Dynatrace.

Even though I execute actions or run scripts that touch web->App-> DB, no DB specific metrics are available like SQL Metrics . I can see only Server Health Metrics for this server.

Even under the "Databases" section in the left navigation pane, I don't see this DB server listed.

When I navigate to this server under "hosts" I see that "Oracle" Process is listed.

But, If I goto Deployment Status ->All hosts->"this db server", I don't see the "Oracle" process monitored.

How do I enable monitoring for this Oracle process??

Note - I did not select "INFRASTRUCTURE MONITORING ONLY" while generating the installation commands.

Server has been bounced and still no difference.

3 REPLIES 3

david_n
Inactive

Hello Srivanthsan,

As the Dynatrace OneAgent does not monitor the database process directly, I would just start the agent on that host in Infrastructure only mode. I would then run through those scripts that hit the DB and check the database section of Dynatrace.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Jakub_Mierzewsk
Inactive

For Oracle best will be Database agent, already on the road map.

srivathsan_s06
Participant

Thanks for the responses guys !

I have found out the reason why we are not able to see the metrics specific to DB.

Its a PeopleSoft application and the Tuxedo drivers are not supported yet by Dynatrace as on today .

A database agent would solve this in future