cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying ActiveGate to Openshift via operator

Gator88
Participant

Hello everyone,

I am a very new user of Dynatrace and would greatly appreciate your help. I am trying to deploy an active gate to Openshift via the use of the operator. I have read through the documentation but am still not 100% certain. Thank you very much for your help. 

Best Regards,

Josh

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Which version of the Operator are you using?

Only the newer Dynatrace-Operator can deploy active gates, not the dynatrace-oneagent-operator.

Have a look at the Dynakube cr examples.  They contain the part to deploy the active gate.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thank you for your help. To clarify the one agent will be deployed into openshift with the use of the operator. But the active gate can be deployed with any method. What would you advise

is the best Method? Many thanks!

Yes, you can either deploy the AG as a container via the operator, or just install one on another VM/Host.

It's not really about better/worse, just depends on what works best for you.

The only difference between the two is that the AGs deployed by the operator currently have a limited set of functionallity:

• oneagent traffic routing
  • kubernetes-monitoring (k8s API Integration)
  • dynatrace-api

If you need other functionality, e.g. extensions, you need another AG outside the container anyway. 

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Many thanks!

Just to clarify, if I were to install the active gate. Would it be as simple as to go to manage>settings>deployment status>active gates>install active gates(openshift) > generate token> copy command line … etc.

The documentation describes a method via statefulset but I would be using the operator in this case. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to help out. Much appreciated!

If you have not deployed the operator yet you can follow the path you mentioned. If the operator is already installed you don't need to do it again.

Just make sure the dynakube.yaml you use has the section for the active gates mentioned above.

Featured Posts