Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between disabling auto-injection and Deep monitoring at PG level

Gogi
Helper

Hi,

I want to know on below settings, please help me to understand 

1.what happens when we disable auto-injection at host level.

2. what happens when we disable deep monitoring at PG level.

Regards,

Gogi

6 REPLIES 6

Ingrida
Mentor

Hi Gogi,

OneAgent configuration via command-line interface | Dynatrace Docs : "Automatic OneAgent injection is enabled by default in Infrastructure Monitoring mode to get and report the JMX/PMI metrics."

So, Infra-only mode, minimal injection to gain JMX/PMI metrics to all process of this kind. So, kinda scratching the surface. Low, but not 0 probabiltiy to break something in this process.

Process deep monitoring :"End-to-end visibility into requests of all auto-detected server-side services, including database services.". Requires full stack monitoring enabled and monitors much more. And goes  much more deeper in the processes potentially breaking it.

We have all 3 kinds of monitoring in our DT ENV: infra-only with no autoinjection, infra-only, fullstack.

Regards,

I.

Hi I, 

can we do full-stack with no autoinjection?

sorry bumping old thread, recently we have a case at customer to troubleshoot memory leak and so far it's only happening in full-stack mode. 

Hi @Ardhi ,

well... I am not Dynatrace DEV to know how it works in deep, but fullstack relies on dt code being injected into application code to intercept communication and so provide information which you gain running in full-stack. No auto-injections means no injection at all. Not even minimum. I strongly guess it will not fly.

Regards,

I.

Gogi
Helper

@Ingrida thanks for the explanation.

Gogi
Helper

@Ingrida  - Please is it possible to provide smartscape view snapshots from all DT ENVs 3 (infra-only with no autoinjection, infra-only, fullstack), particularly I want to understand from processes communication point of view.

Thanks. 

Hi Gogi,

sorry, missed a track a bit. I am not sure what you need either. Lets give a try.

Infraonly (both) looks sad in a smartscape view., just Datacenter, Hosts and Processes level available (at least out of the box):

infra_only.jpg

In full stack you will see services and applications (if you define any)

Regards,

I.

Featured Posts