cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the oneagent core dump

vjrk83
Newcomer

Hello Dyntrace Team

Is there a better way to disable the oneagent dumproc at the time of installation ?

I dont see any option listed as --set-orignal-coredump under oneagenctl --help .

Also is it advisable to disable the oneagent dumproc ? We're seeing a agent dumping lots of core files and filling the disk space. 

Thanks for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4

D_Miller
Advisor

This is a known issue with the Log Analytics agent. We raised a support ticket for this. I would suggest you do the same.

In the mean time you can do the following steps to stop the Core Files being generated.

• backup /var/lib/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/config/loganalyticsagent.persistence
  • remove the content of /var/lib/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/config/loganalyticsagent.persistence - file must exist, but it has to be empty (0 bytes)
  • enable Log Monitoring and restart OA (./oneagentctl --set-app-log-content-access=true --restart-service )

The_AM
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @vjrk83 ,

I would suggest to open a support ticket on this. The OneAgent simply inherits settings for your current CoreDump. You would need to change settings for your distribution for OneAgent to copy those settings upon installation time. Uninstalling OneAgent will restore the original core dump settings, this is all explained here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/crash-analysis#operating-system-changes

Also, the OneAgent will try to determine if it may actually be Dynatrace at fault here or not. I would suggest to work with Support or Dynatrace ONE (in-product chat) to determine the cause here and if any configuration changes may be required for your particular case to resolve it.

Regards,
Andrew M.

Hi @vjrk83 ,

Agree with @The_AM, open ticket and support will add to your environment the ability to switch the dump off for hosts, and you will get a switch per host  and host group to switch off/on the crash dump that OA is creating by default 

Here is a screenshot from environment after dynatrace one switch the flag on. 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1635402670034.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

roman_z
Observer

Hi,

if you don't want to be core dumping handled by Dynatrace OneAgent on linux server

You could manually change content of file /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern

Original content (before installation of Dynatrace OneAgent) is backed up to /opt/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/conf/original_core_pattern

The file will be changed back during next OneAgent upgrade.

Ask dynatrace support If you want to disable it permanently. They can disable it permanently for specified hosts. 

Best regards

Featured Posts