cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dynatrace managed / SaaS has the support for IBM AS/400 systems?

ve00685603
Newcomer

Does Dynatrace manged / SaaS model has support for IBM AS/400? since we are using some backend systems that these AS/400 involve in handling certain transactions for card payments and some utility services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

There's an ActiveGate extension for that, which basically means that it's monitored remotely via an ActiveGate plugin. I haven't used this myself, but the documentation here describes what sort of metrics are collected:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/application-software/other-technologies/dy...

This extension does only collect metrics. Unfortunately it won't give you any code level insights or transaction tracking (PurePaths).

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks a lot for the update and it's really helpful for me to present first cut info to my management on the AS/400.

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Thats correct. As @Julius L. stated, it only collected data on metrics. This is an API Custom Extension that polls the data surrounding disk, Memory, CPU and so on. In Essence, it is 1/2 stack monitoring.

-Chad

Thanks Chad for your feedback. Just wondering if it would cost additional licenses if I want to install activegate on AS/400 system. Since, we have already quoted licenses required for our mobile platform and there'a change request from the customer to include AS/400 monitoring on DT. Please advise.

Regards,

Sagar

Hi @SAGAR E.

Extensions consume different type of license called DDU now (was metric).

The amount of consumption depend on:

• Number of Hosts
  • Average # of Jobs to be monitored per Host
  • Avg. # of CPUs to be monitored per Host
  • Avg. # of Disks to be monitored per Host
  • Avg. # of Memoy pools to be monitored per Host
  • Avg. # of Job queues to be monitored per Host
  • Avg. # of Message queues to be monitored per Host

Consult your dynatrace salesman for more information

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts