cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a metric exist for Problem count

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Before I open an RFI, i wanted to check with community.

Story is Dynatrace doesn't have a mechanism to shut-down over Alerting should a major event occur and our problems jump by 100's in under 1 minute.  At the moment, our ITSM and email systems are flooded with 1,000's of Incidents and emails.

I searched metric explorer and found, dsfm:server.notifications.problem_notifications. BUT this only counts the number of problems that triggered a notification.  I need to catch this event BEFORE the notifications start to go out.

Does anyone know if Dynatrace currently provides some metric that is a total count of Problems?

HigherEd
5 REPLIES 5

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Seems that we have it for Security Problems, but not for "default" Problems.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/metrics/built-in-metrics#security-proble...

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Thanks Danne for confirming what I believed.  I'll go open an RFI.  Until then I'll just have to make a problems API call and capture the count.  I'll then follow your lead from your Tips Video and use the Synthetics Javascript section to work more magic.

HigherEd

Hehe, you can even create your own metric, create an HTTP synthetic calling the Problem API to count the problems, and a following request to create a new metric with Post Custom Metric datapoint, then use this metric to create a Metric event... we can go crazy.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

thank you. Upvoted!

(saved me an RFI write-up, thanks)

HigherEd

Featured Posts