cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Does changing Adaptive Capture Control Settings require a OneAgent restart?

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Does changing the Adaptive Capture Control settings for an Environment require a restart of the OneAgents to take effect, or is the new rate applied direclty?

I assume a restart is not needed, but it is not specifically mentioned in the docs.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @pahofmann 

I changed the value couple of times, but it never asked to restart the OneAgent to take effect, so it means there is no requirement for the restart and applies on the fly. 

Regards,

Babar

I assume so as well. But I wouldn't draw that conclusion directly that it isn't needed because it doesn't ask for it 😉

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello @pahofmann 

I jumped to the conclusion because one more configuration did not ask anything from me and that is 'Max. user actions/minute limit' 😉

Regards,

Babar

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

No, it's definitely not required or recommended. You can change the settings dynamically. Both adaptive traffic management (oneagent) and adaptive load reduction (server). This applies to both service requests and user actions limit.

Any changes in the settings are reflected immediately.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts