cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace licensing page on CMC console

shashank_b_agra
Organizer

Hi, I am trying to understand more about Dynatrace Licensing page on CMC console. Specially looking to get some some out of User sessions. I'be attached a screenshot (screenshot1) where it says 3.81mil/230mil. What does it mean? Does it mean that I have used 3.81 mil units in this whole year out of 230 mil purchased or it says 3.81 mil allotted to your environment and you can't go beyond that?

Also, If i click on the environments I see this (screenshot2). what does this indicate? Is it like I have used 127.95 K for this whole month till now and does this number becomes Zero at start of each month?

2 REPLIES 2

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

As you can see on image screenshot2 you have a detail for each environment and on screenshot1 on the CMC you have a consolidated view for all the cluster.

If you've set up an annual RUM sessions quota, your usage will reset annually. (https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/digital-experience-monitoring-units#real-user-monit...)

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

ryan_ott
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Shashank,

It means that you have utilized 3.81 million user sessions out of your total allotment of 230 million. Unlike Host Units, once these licenses are consumed, they are no longer available - meaning once you hit your limit then you would need more licensing for additional monitoring of user sessions.

As for second screenshot, you are correct that the first number represents your current consumption monthly (127.95K), whereas the second number represents the annual consumption (3.81million). The monthly number resets every month.

-Ryan

ACE Consultant, Dynatrace Services
Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts