cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace Managed Cassandra DB and Python components

richard_tecson
Newcomer

We just had an audit and one of the finding for dynatrace is the version of Cassandra DB and Python is not up to date. Does anyone know what is roadmap on this as to when will it updated to the latest stable version.

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

is your cluster on the most recent version along with your oneagents?

-Chad

@Chad T.

Yes our cluster is on the recent version

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Dynatrace does not enforce the latest upstream available versions of the component binaries. It's perfectly fine as they do intensive compatibility testing. You should tread Dynatrace Managed as a black box and not worry about particular versions.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks Julius for the response... if its just me im fine with it.. but the audit was able to highlight this and we need to respond accordingly =). If there is no plan for any update on the component mentioned, a response from dynatrace product team would be good. anyway i already raise a ticket for this.

Open a chat within the product if you have any concerns. Any upgrades of the built-in Dynatrace Managed components are unsupported and will most likely result in a broken Dynatrace Managed installation. Dynatrace also always quicky patches security vulnerabilities of the built-in components.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

We currently ship Dynatrace Managed with Cassandra 3 and Python 3 (Updated from 2.7 in Managed 1.202). They are not the latest but work reliably and are supported by Dynatrace. If there are critical security vulnerabilities or bugs we try to ship it as soon as possible. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts