cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace manage UEM not working

rchavan1
Guide

Dynatrace manage UEM not working

Checked the ruxitagentjs is not found on the html pages

respective process is active - good

https://11.111.11.11/rb_bf59178xcy?type=check -- working fine

state=ok&agentType=java&agentVersion=1.129.103.20170927-134129

traffic generated and UEM data is not getting updated. Please can any one help to debug further.


9 REPLIES 9

rchavan1
Guide

NET (.NET Framework 3.5.1.0), ASP.NET (v3.5.1.0), CLR (FullCLR 2.0.50727), IIS App Pool (8.5.9600.16384), MSMQ (v2.0.50727.8007), and WCF (v3.5.1.0)

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Rajesh,

Something to check - within Dynatrace, browse to the process' settings page and check to be sure that 'Automatically inject real user monitoring JavaScript tag' is selected:

This should be on by default, but is worth checking.

HTH,

Hayden

Thanks Hayden for the support and it is started working fine now.. Thank you very much..appreciate for your support..

-Rajesh Chavan

Julius_Loman
Leader

Check this as @Hayden M. says at the process group level. Also check if it's enabled on the Application level (Application -> Edit -> Real User Monitoring).

What more to check:

  • check if the user agent string is a real browser (not cURL/wget/... ) RUM JS is not injected into sessions initiated by non-browser user agents
  • check if the response from server is a valid HTML document (syntax validation)
  • check if the response from server a of content type text/html (not text/plain, etc...)
  • check oneagent logs

If all is correct, then just open support ticket with Dynatrace support.

rchavan1
Guide

Thanks Julius .. i have checked it did not worked and i have opend the ticket to support.

rchavan1
Guide

Thanks Hayden it worked as per your inputs.. Thank you and also I would thank Julius for his valueble feeback is educated me lot and getting day by day lot knowledge from you great SME's

-Rajesh Chavan

Thanks. One experience from from last days with UEM - I also had problems with single RUM JS tags not being injected into page on a JBoss Linux instance. However after upgrading to v132 and agents to v131 (they were at v129 before) it seems to be working now. Try to upgrade your environment if you already have the update.

rchavan1
Guide

Thank you Julius I will look into for the upgrade part.. Thanks - Rajesh

Julius_Loman
Leader

More things to check - recently I've experienced one application running in application server, that was not injected at all. However others in the same application server were injected properly. After further investigation and helpful dynatrace support, it turned out the app is written in non-standard fashion and servlet also handles compression. This prevented Oneagent to find injection point for JavaScript RUM, since this situation is not yet handled in Oneagent.

An idea how to check different combinations - Firefox & Chrome do have a function to copy whole request as cURL command (right click in developer tools for a single request). Then just execute this URL and see results (aka look for RUM JS tag). For my particular case, it was necessary to modify "Accept-Encoding" header and set it to identity.

Accept-Encoding: identity 

After that injection started to work. It might not be your case, but with cURL you can simulate any request type. Beware - you have to set the User-Agent to a real browser. Injection is not done for cURL User-Agent test, robots and few other User-Agent strings.