cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAP: Management Zones: Anyone can see all problems

Julius_Loman
Leader

I've created a management zone which seems to work fine for all entities except for problems. Users restricted to a management zone have access to any problems in the tenant they have access to. They can see (and also post comments to) problems that are created from entities not related to management zone in any way.

How can I restrict users from seeing problems not related to their management zone scope?

TEMPEST a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
4 REPLIES 4

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Julius,

So far you can only filter the problem feed by your management zone but we do not hide every problem that is shown within other management zones.

The filter can be used to reduce the noise within the problem feed but it does not reduce visibility. Once we release our AI 2.0 we will also enforce the visibility within the problem feed.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Yes, the visibility enforcing is what I'm missing now. Good to know it's already being worked on. Filtering works.

Our use case is to restrict a supplier in an environment only to components he is responsible for and prevent him from seeing anything else (even problems).

TEMPEST a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi,

Is there an ETA for this feature? I would like to implement the same restrictions requested by @Julius L.

pshinde
Inactive

Hi We have crated management zone but we do not see the anything in Data center in SmartsScape. data for rest of the options in Smartscape like Host , Process,Services & Application is fine . what needs to be done to rectify it. Without Management zone we can see our datacenter.