Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted Data Dynatrace

service_apms
Organizer

Hello,

I have a security question.

What i know is that Dynatrace can only see the state of our servers through the mission control and they don't have access to our Data.

But what about the exports we send them sometime when there is a problem to analyze ? is the Data crypted at least in that case or is it all visible ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Support Archive does not contains transactions, only logs from agent, list of monitored entities etc. Dynatrace can connect to your enviornment via kind of VPN hosted on Managed Server (or SaaS) but only when you ask for it during support case. Than they can create special url that gives them option to access enviornment. It's of course encrypted (as all communication that is in Dynatrace environment).

Sebastian

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Actually, privileged Dynatrace users has access donyoir monitored data via remote access. This helps to provide high quality pro active support and easier explain any issues. You can opt-out from that option if you find in insecure. I’d be happy to get your feedback then

Communication is of course encrypted and secure.

regarding support archives - Yes it’s just the configuration and logs. Archived but not encrypted.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert