Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graylog - Dynatrace integration

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have experience with Graylog - Dynatrace integration? Is it possible to ingest logs to Dynatrace from Graylog?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional
4 REPLIES 4

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Mizso,

Some time ago during the POC I tested Graylog data monitoring. The solution that worked for me was to use the API to export the data. You can export data to, for example, CSV format.

See the possible functions in Graylog's API: https://go2docs.graylog.org/5-0/setting_up_graylog/rest_api.html?tocpath=Setting%20up%20Graylog%7CGe...

Then you need to create a plugin to parse this data and send it to DT. Later you will present data from graylog as metrics.

This is not a simple matter, but I hope I helped:)

Radek

Have a nice day!

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @radek_jasinski ,

Thank you for your tip. We are going to plan to build this solution to our client.

Best regards,

Mizső

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @Mizső, did you end up building this for your client? We have a prospect who's also using Graylog and they want to know if we can ingest the logs from Graylog, which they use for a legacy system's log monitoring.

I doubt it will be possible to use Dynatrace directly for log monitoring since their legacy systems are very old, and installing OneAgent may not be possible, but I still need to unpack how they're getting the logs into Graylog...perhaps via our API may be an option 🙂

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @andre_vdveen,

Unforunately this topic was postponed at the clinet and now it has a low priority...so in the coming future we will not have chance to working on it at the client. ☹️

Best regards,

Mizső

Featured Posts