cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Oracle database processes by SID?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is a new option in the "Built-in detection Rules" that I have not seen referenced:

AntonioSousa_0-1648205708795.png

The "i" icon references additionally: Enable to group and separately analyze the processes of each Oracle DB. Each process group receives a unique name based on the Oracle DB SID.

The Release notes for 1.231 don't reference anything related to Oracle.

Unfortunately I cannot test this option in my environments, without knowing what it does. Has someone done it, or know what it does?

Might it be a workaround for the database merging issue related to the following Product Idea? https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Merge-Database-Services/idi-p/146754

Antonio Sousa
4 REPLIES 4

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Interested to know more on this too!!!

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Thank you so much for bringing to my attention.  I'm going to update some of our OneAgents, try to get more details from Dynatrace, then would be willing to try it assuming it could be undone.

One thing we noticed in DT is if you do anything that changes a Process Group you lose all configurations for the process.  It sort of makes sense because it creates a new Process Group ID but still, we lose lots of configurations that are hard to replicate.

Will let you know what more i find out.

HigherEd

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

HEY!!!!! Dynatrace!!!!!

Have any documentation on this new feature? Sorry to be so direct, but 4 months ago I noticed the same, mentioned this to our DBAs as an interesting solution we've had since day one but haven't seen any documentation from Dynatrace on how this is supposed to function, what are the expectations, limitations, etc.

Please at your earliest, could you provide some input on this new feature?

HigherEd

AlanZ
Helper

Same here, seems like a potential interesting feature but without documentation it's hard to decide if and how to use it.

Anyone figured it out ? Any docs out yet ?

Featured Posts