cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install one agent in Hadoop

srinivas_maddam
Newcomer

Hi Freinds, I am trying to install one agent in Hadoop, can you please help if oneagent can be just installed in one of the hosts in the cluster? so that will it monitor the entire cluster?

6 REPLIES 6

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You have to install oneagent on all hosts that should be monitored. Be aware that Hadoop is monitored only as process with process metrics, you will not see transactions and purepaths.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian for the update.. I have a question abt the following proactive detection and self heal the faulty. like 1) if my services go down in my hadoop nodes will dynatrace finds and restarts the services , if yes how ? .. 2) If my host go down , how the dependent impacted details will be tracked like upstream and downstreams details which are out of my network .. will I also need to install the agent in my downstream servers aswell ?..Please help..

srinivas_maddam
Newcomer

Thanks Sebastian for the update.. I have a question abt the following proactive detection and self heal the faulty. like 1) if my services go down in my hadoop nodes will dynatrace finds and restarts the services , if yes how ? .. 2) If my host go down , how the dependent impacted details will be tracked like upstream and downstreams details which are out of my network .. will I also need to install the agent in my downstream servers aswell ?..Please help..

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

If you want use self-healing feature you will have to use Dynatrace Webhook integration, send payload to WebService you will create and based on information from Dynatrace, perform action on proper host. It is possible to make but it will not work out of the box. Dynatrace can only fire action with informations needed for it, but on host side there has to be your code and script.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

sebastian, can you please help with an example.. it would really help?

There is no examples for such things, you have to write app that is listening web requests. In Dynatrace in Integration settings you have to create custom integration. Setup url where you will send data about problem detected in Dynatrace. Than on your code side you have to catch json payload, parse it and based on it make actions on your environment. There are many way to make it work, generally you have to talk with developer and admin about how to make it work. The main information is that you have post requests with information for example host XX has CPU utilisation problem and root cause is process YY, Service ZZZ. Based on this, action such as restart has to be performed. Way to acheave it will be different for any kind of technology you will pick for such app.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts