cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we guarantee to capture all transaction with Dynatrace?

volkan_eruyandi
Participant

A developer complained to me about not being able to trace all the transactions. He wants to analyze a specific request id obtained from the application log table, it happens that he can't find some of the requests. 

As far as I know, Dynatrace does not guarantee to capture all passing requests over a web service. Due to some network traffic rate adaptions, or the sampling is used for the sake of runtime reliability, there may be some missing requests. That's what I can say. Is that right? Could you please provide me a complete technical answer to me and so that I can give a satisfying answer. Are there actions for the administrators to take in order to minimize the missing request ratio? 

1 REPLY 1

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The Documentation about Adaptive Traffic Management and Capture Control explains this pretty well.

If you are using Dynatrace Managed have a look at Adaptive Capture Control. You can set a higher value there to capture all PurePath, it will increase the storage and network usage though.

If you are a SaaS customer you'd have to check with your sales rep if this could be increased for you.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts