cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access a User Session (Visit) from a recorded Purepath?

rsmsdk
Helper

Hi

I'm currently in the proces of adjusting from the old AppMon user interface, as we are migrating to the new Dynatrace platform. It is a new way of thinking, but I'm getting there 😊

In AppMon I often found myself "all over the place" when I navigated between visualization of response times, errors, exceptions, web requests, purepaths and visits, most likely not the most effective way to do things, but I loved the drill feature and the option to right click everywhere.

One thing I can not figure out in Dynatrace SaaS is this:

If I access a recorded Purepath that is impacted by a fault, how do I backtrace that Purepath to the actual User Session where it was captured? On the recorded Purepath (if available) I can click the User Action where the Purepath was caputered, and this leads me to a visualization that (among other things) confirms to me that real users was impacted, but I dont see the option to access the actual impacted sessions.

In AppMon I simply right clicked the Purepath and choose "Drill down to Visit". How is that done in Dynatrace?

I'm most likely missing something obvious 🥇 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @rsmsdk 

Welcome to dynatrace ,soon AppMon will be dim memory :-),  and happy evolving :dynahistory:

If you will backtrace from the PP, you will see the User Action that initiated this PP

Yosi_Neuman_0-1626344829899.png

If you will click on the UA you will get to its page with the filter of one service 

Yosi_Neuman_1-1626344896961.png

Now scroll to Contributors breakdown and click on the Perform waterfall analysis 

Yosi_Neuman_2-1626344927360.png

You will see that you are still filter one service call and when click on the Instances tab you will find your way to this UA session

Yosi_Neuman_3-1626345106359.png

HTH to find your way in dynatrace 

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thank you very much, Yos 😁 it seems to be what I needed... when I click the "View User Session" button I get a message stating "You are using an outdated URL" and the automatic redirect land me on a page with no User Session available. Might be a bug?

Ammm that what is "good" in dynatrace all the time there are surprises 🙂

Not sure if I ever got this message .... any how you can consult with dynatrace-ONE guys via the in product chat by clicking on the icon near the little guy at the upper right 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1626353061769.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Just checked again after 3 weeks of vacation, and now it suddenly works 😉 thank you again.

Featured Posts