cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I monitoring on EC2 instance with Dynatrace?

AK
Pro

Hello Folks,

This is first time we doing AWS monitoring and there is requirement to monitor EC2 instance.

Hence wanted to know, how to monitor EC2 instances with Dynatrace? and which license it will consume, OneAgent or DDUs?

Regards,

AK

3 REPLIES 3

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In an EC2 you can install OneAgent, and that will consume HUs. If you monitor it with AWS integration, you'll consume DDUs, plus AWS API usage. The latter option has a much lower observability than having OneAgent installed.

Antonio Sousa

Hi @AntonioSousa,

Thanks for the details, what are the advantages if we monitor instances with OneAgent?

Regards,

AK

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

With OneAgent installed on a Operating System you basically get full-stack visibility into the OS metrics, the processes that are running on the machine and deep monitoring for processes, their provided services and applications.

Basically this is the key feature of Dynatrace. The AWS Api monitoring is "just" fetching metrics provided by AWS and puts them into Dynatrace and connects them with the full-stack monitoring.

If I'd put numbers to it I'd say OneAgent full-stack monitoring provide 95% of the value and the AWS api the remaining 5%.

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts