cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup Purepath

owen_chen
Guide

I have a client who wants to back up Purepath from time to time, and can query it again if necessary in the future. As far as I know, there is currently no way to back up purepath. Is there any other way can provide me?

Thanks in advance

Owen

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is no way to export PurePath / Transaction data from Dynatrace to analyze later or import again.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

D_Miller
Advisor

Again another very very useful feature that was in AppMon but not provided in OneAgent.

Yes that's definitely a feature that's had it's uses and many of my customers missed it during the migration from appmon.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Javier_dlTR
Observer

it would be interesting to have this feature. It was very useful in appmon

With Dynatrace Managed, I still believe this can be accomplished by using hierarchical storage for the server level data (those binary files). This storage is partitioned by time and is a good fit for HSM. Then you can pump up the retention time to the limit of your storage (365 days I believe the maximum anyway).  

Never tried - but I don't see any reason why this should not work in case you have some sort of HSM. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts