cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if Oneagent is reporting directly or via ActiveGate to my SAAS CLuster

himanshu_mor
Advisor

Hello everyone,

how can i check in Dynatrace console that Oneagents are reportign via an ActiveGate or directly to SAAS cluster.

Thanks

Himanshu Mor

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

documentation said:

“Once Environment ActiveGate connects to Dynatrace Server, installation is complete. As soon as Environment ActiveGate connects to Dynatrace Server, OneAgent is informed and re-configured to send monitoring data through Environment ActiveGate. To check on the status of the installation, click the Show deployment statusbutton and select the Dynatrace ActiveGates tab.“

Sebastian

Julius_Loman
Leader

The only method is to check the agent logs or network connections (netstat / ss) to determine the actual connection. Normally as soon as ActiveGate is connected to the environment, a list of endpoint to connect to is updated and pushed to agents.

Thanks @Július L. !

we are expecting that this information should be clearly visible on console like under deployment status. I will raise an idea for this

ADPaoloni
Mentor

AFIK the best way is to check with ss (or netstat) the connected endpoints from the hosts itself.

From a Managed point of view, we had a few doubts if one of the Agents (in a far far away VLAN after a company Merge) connected to the EnvAG or to the ClusterAG... so we used ss to determine the actual connection...

Thanks @Dante P. !