cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

How to clear failed and obsolete EAG installation in CMC?

JDA
Visitor

Hello dear Dynatrace community,

I have a quick unsolved question : Is it possible to clear old and failed Environment ActiveGate installations (appear in error on the console: Home ==> Deployement status ==> ActiveGates) ?

In details, I have 2 Ansible's playbooks, 1 that run the EAG install , and other one that run a complete uninstall.
After each uninstall ( the script remove all AG directories that have been generated during the install), it appear the file named ID.properties is removed and each time I run my installer playbook it generate a new ID and so a "new" activegate.

My question is not about how to re-install with the same ID (I presume by keeping th ID.properties in the install directory), my question is more about: How to remove old uninstalled activegate that still appear in error in the Deployment status, ActiveGate page ?

Many thanks for your assistance

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

They will disappear automatically after 7 days of inactivity.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi there @Radoslaw_Szulgo , I understand that this is an old thread, but I'm currently having a similar issue with the "old" EAG being unable to be accessed, can I get a confirmation that this 7 days of inactivity is referring to this message on the CMC Deployment status?inaccessible EAG showing offlineinaccessible EAG showing offline

JDA
Visitor

Thanks for the quick answer, really appreciate 👍
Is there any way to clear it before the 7 days retention period ?

Unfortunately, it's not possible currently.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts