cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a personalized group of process to see the resources consumption in detail?

extern_mauro_ma
Participant

Hi, I followed all the steps in https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/set-custom-process-groups-monitoring/ to create a custom process group, but it didn't work.

Actually, my environment has been gotten problems with CPU consumptions and more than 60% of this resourse usage is taken by "other" process that Dynatrace doesn't sort automatically. So I created the custom groups, but all the process that I set (like monitoring, backup, etc) is still labeled as "other process".

4 REPLIES 4

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you make restart of those processes after process group definition?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hi Sebastian. Thanks for the answer. Now, I restarted both oneagent and some of the personalized process, but all of them is still shown as other process. What a think too strange is the low level of cpu usage by oracle reported and the high cpu usage by these "other process"".When I see the resources consumption locally in the OS, I got a higher usage for Oracle, specially for the clients and web/application server connections that aren't local.

Rise support ticket than. This has to have some explanation

Regards, Sebastian

This just means the consumption is still by a process that is not being directly known.

For CPU or RAM usage Dynatrace shows just known processes and everything else is "Other processes". Including kernel processes.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts