cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to gain observability of Informix from Dynatrace

alberto-jesus_1
Contributor

Hi,

do you have any experience in Dynatrace working with Informix Database? I don't see any available plugin , so , is there cirrently any way of getting visibility of Informix work?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto.

4 REPLIES 4

justin_hogue
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hello Alberto,

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you asking if Dynatrace has the ability to monitor Informix databases?

Yes, that's what I want to know, if Dynatrace is able to monitor Informix DBs. In the papers, It's no a supported technology but I just wanted to know you experience monitoring Informix.

Thanks.

Alberto.

justin_hogue
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Alberto,

Personally I don't have any experience monitoring Informix databases, but Dynatrace should have the ability to monitor them. Whether you can monitor them all depends on the technology you are using and how that technology is calling the database. You'll first want to make sure that the application making the call has deep monitoring enabled. After that as long as the processes making the calls are Java, .Net, PHP, or Node.js and the interaction with the database relies on a supported database framework you should be able to achieve monitoring of an Informix database. I'll place a link below with more info on DB activity monitoring.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/database-detection

Hope this helps!

justin_hogue
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Gotcha, no problem ^.^

Featured Posts