cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify which process belongs to which host from Technologies using process name (using Dynatrace Oneagent)

sangeetha_mitta
Organizer

screenshots-onagent.jpg

Could you please help me on the below requirement?

We are using Dynatrace oneagent and new to one agent.

We have got a requirement in which we need to show the different processes under each host of particular technology. This is expected to be done from Technologies dashlet. or

e.g

1. We have selected Technologies from cockpit (or menu items).

2. selected particular technology for instance Apache Tomcat. Here, we could see all the process running (Process group)

3. Here, the requirement is to identify the host on which these processes are running. We need a filter to identify on which host each process is running.

Please find the attached document with screenshots for reference

Thank&Regards

Siva

3 REPLIES 3

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi,

The Technologies page lists the process groups and process groups can span multiple hosts so there is no way to see the host it is running on from there because for each process group, it may have instances running on multiple hosts. I believe there is a similar request to achieve what you want here but it is more feasible by the approach suggested here. I have recommended he create a Request for Enhancement but you can go ahead and create the RFE.

Thanks

NJ

Thank you so much

manish_bachu
Participant

Hi Sangeetha,

You can find them through below navigation:

Technologies - For example (apache) and click on first process as per your screenshot - Then click on find process group details - There you will be able to find "running on hosts" By clicking on that option you would be able to find out on which hosts that particular process is running.

Please find the screenshot attached for reference.

process-group.png

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Manish Bachu