cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scope network link specification from customer DC to Dynatrace Server?

nick_r_ross
Inactive

Hi

I am working on scoping a Dynatrace environment with a potential customer. There may be thousands of hosts in many DCs. What is the process for scoping the network link requirement between their DCs and our SaaS hosted Dynatrace Cluster?

5 REPLIES 5

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Maybe Dynatrace Managed will be easier to deploy there? I assume there is a network connection between DCs? If so, you can deploy Dynatrace Managed in one DC.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

The scenario is slightly different as Dynatrace will be deploying a dedicated cluster for this customer in AWS. There may be scope to deploy this in Azure to limit the amount of outbound traffic, but this hasn't been scoped/priced. How would we scope the network requirement for a Dynatrace deployment?

Managed can be installed in Azure as well.

Anyway, network link requirements depend on the traffic being monitored.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Yes, I appreciate that - are they any guidelines for scoping this network link? Is there a list of the considerations needed before providing a recommendation?

The likelihood is that the customer will have >1k monitored hosts with some full stack, some infrastructure and some RUM. I know there are many variables here, but do we have a ballpark figure per host in terms of the bandwidth required?

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

According to @Helmut S. - "We calculate about 10kB/s
per host - that is what we see as an average"

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts