Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM WebSphere Liberty Processes Splitting

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

The liberty process group detected as ws-server.jar, but we want to rename them with the process(s) name available in the command-line arguments.

How to achieve this?

Regards,

Babar

11 REPLIES 11

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Create a Process group naming rule with the {ProcessGroup:CommandLineArgs} placeholder and add a regex to get the part you want as the name from the cli args.

You can add the regex like this: {ProcessGroup:CommandLineArgs/RegexToCaptureResult}

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello @Patrick H.

I tried this, but it combines the processes of all hosts e.g. Process#1, Process#2, and so on, and shows in each host instead of the processes related to host. Even I tried to add a condition for a particular host.

Regards,

Babar

The naming rules will have no affect on the separation/splitting of a process group, that can only be done with process group detection rules.

So if the processes aren't grouped correctly you should assign host group or create a process group detection rule first.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello @Patrick H.

I tried with the below configuration, but no luck. Did you see that the below configuration is correct or not?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

You have to insert the values in the forms in line 4 of the configuration. The value you want to use for the Process Group Detection should be between the first delimiter and the end delimiter in line 4.

Please have a look at Based on process properties in the following section:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/process-groups#process-group-detection-rules

Best,

Sia

Hello @Siavash H.

Thank you for your comments.

Do you mean the process/value starting from R (RXXX_XXXXT) and finishing with T, should be mentioned R and T or I can use the full value name in between From and End?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Take the following Command Line Args as an example:

If we want to create a Process Groups based on the value easyTravel. We select "-DapplicationServer=" as the left delimiter and " -D" (don't forget the space) as the right delimiter (excluding quotation marks).

Dynatrace will look for all Processes and any unique value between those delimiters will get it's own Process Group.

If you have three Processes with 'easyTravel' as the value between those delimiters, then Dynatrace will create one Process Group with three Process Group instances.

Best,

Sia

Hello @Siavash H.

In my case, the required processes are at the end of the Java JAR path and then SPACE and then processes names e.g.

/opt/WebSphere/Liberty/bin/tools/ws-server.jar RXXX_XXX32XXX

Note: Command-line args finish with the process names.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Based on the (limited) information provided, I think this should work:

Please ensure that the Processes are restarted. Also ensure that the first delimiter form ends with a space as highlighted in blue in the image. If the command line args simply end with the server name, you can keep the end delimiter empty.

Best,

Sia

Hello @Siavash H.

I configured as suggested. Now once the processes will restart then I will share the feedback with you.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Siavash H.

The given formula did not work for us.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts