cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Grail - must-read articles for you!

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Dynatrace Community, 

We’re extremely excited to echo the announcement made today at Dynatrace Innovate in London: the launch of Grail - our new data lakehouse technology for boundless observability, security, and business analytics :tada: 

Below, we’ve gathered some blog posts and website materials you can check out to learn more about this new addition to Dynatrace. 

First, here is a marketing website where you can find all the most important information in an easy-to-understand way: 

Dynatrace Website - Grail 

In this blog post, Christian Kiesewetter writes about the story of Grail, including its three architecture building blocks: ingest and process, retain, and analytics. 

The history of Grail: Why you need a data lakehouse 

The first article from Bipin Singh answers probably the most basic and important question: what is a data lakehouse and what are its features? 

What is a data lakehouse? Combining data lakes and warehouses for the best of both worlds 

In his second article, Bipin Singh shows five steps of creating a modern data stack and AI strategy for observability, AIOps, and application security, with the help of Grail. 

How unified data and analytics offers a new approach to software intelligence 

The blog post from Adrian Phillips describes how a data lakehouse brings business ROI: 

How a data lakehouse brings data insights to life 

And finally, Ulf Weihbold writes about how Log Management and Analytics powered by Grail can help you start creating value instead of worrying about log data ingest and storage. 

Any analysis, any time: Dynatrace Log Management and Analytics powered by Grail 

We wish you pleasant reading and hope those articles will answer some of your questions about Grail. More materials are coming soon, and in the meanwhile, let us know in the comments what else you would like to know about Grail. 

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com
13 REPLIES 13

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Holy Grail! Such exciting news, and what a powerfull weapon to be placed in our observing hands! :clap:

fstekelenburg_0-1664885165704.png

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Holy Grail is the expression that comes to mind immediately :dynaspin:

Antonio Sousa

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

This is great, thanks for sharing!!! @MaciejNeumann 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Great list! Searching before, I also found this one: https://www.dynatrace.com/resource-center/grail

Antonio Sousa

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Does anybody know how/if Grail will be priced? E.g. will it already be "baked" into the existing DDU consumption? Haven't seen anything being mentioned about costs so far so thought I'd ask here....

Thanks @HansLougas - very helpful.

So I take it there are no plans to make Grail available for Managed, right?

Yes, current announcement is about Grail for SaaS deployments.

I hope there will be some plans to make Grail available for Managed in the near future -  I have a Managed customer at hand who are eager to be early adopters for Grail.

I was thrilled to see this link until I actually started to read it.

does anyone else feel like you need an advanced degree in mathematics to determine should you log or dare your query a log? It's like a need a scientific calculator at the checkout counter of the grocery store.

HigherEd

@ct_27 exactly. And the real fun begins when you need to calculate total costs for 3 years.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi Dynamights,

we appreciate the feedback!

The overall picture might look a bit complex, but ultimately gives you a lot of freedom to control your costs.

We already started working on how to make that linked page more clear and understandable for common use cases.

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

➡️ WEBINAR: Get to Know Dynatrace: Grail Edition

Join us on November 9th where we'll share:

• How Grail will revolutionize data analytics and management
  • Use cases and benefits for unifying observability, security, and business data from cloud-native and multi-cloud environments
  • Demo the new Dynatrace Query Language

LINK TO THE WEBINAR

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

Featured Posts