cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to export reports and custom data to excel?

Zimmer
Participant

Hello, 
 I'm wondering if it's possible to export business cases or user stats based on the login into the separate excel file to create a report and send it to the management?

For instance, get the custom value from users which failed registration with a specific error like 503, onboarding reporting, or users who couldn't perform a password reset by percentage and export it into excel. 

Best regards,
Vakho
4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Zimmer,

If you can produce data data in Data Explorer, you can then output it as CSV.

Or you can also use the API to grab the data and produce whatever reports you need.

Antonio Sousa

Yeah, with API you can do magic but I thought it will be somewhere out of the box in settings or somewhere.. seems the only right way is to use API. 

Best regards,
Vakho

bradley_danyo
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Yes what I typically do for an excel report is build out an API call using our swagger page.  You can use Excel to import data from web and use the request url that is given in the swagger page.  When pasting the URL in excel, make sure you add &api-token=<YOUR_API_TOKEN> 

bradley_danyo_0-1665090109625.png

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/import-data-from-the-web-b13eed81-33fe-410d-9247-1747269c....

Yeah, that's the only way to use it per your needs with API you can do whatever you want but I thought it was already build-in functionality, seems not. 
Thank you for the answer. 

Best regards,
Vakho

Featured Posts