cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get Dyntrace Managed to inject into the DCRUM CAS UI?

bcox2
Organizer

I wanted to try and monitor our CAS for performance and wanted to get User experience info, but it does not auto inject. Is it possible to manually inject?

4 REPLIES 4

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

CAS is no different than other applications. It's running on embedded Tomcat web server that is easily auto-discovered. Anyway, you can install the Dynatrace OneAgent in the same way as on other hosts. What problem do you experience? I'll be glad to help you.

Moreover, it's not trivial to set up agentless monitoring for CAS as there's no 'index.html' physical file. I'll try to find out if it's possible.

In Dynatrace we monitor our test CAS instances by our software as well. Take a look at a sample screenshot from one of our environments:

Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thanks for the quick response.

I installed the oneagent on the CAS, and I am seeing HOST metrics and process details. I am not getting any of the UEM style data, so I assume the injection is not working. Is there a trick to getting the injection to occur with CAS? Any suggestions for where to look we are still very new to Managed.

Thanks

Alright. Firstly, please check a CAS report page source if it contains a dynatrace agent script declaration in the HTML header. If yes, there might be a communication issue between your browser and your Managed Cluster. Please check if that is valid. If no, then there is a problem with agent injection. Please make sure you are on the latest agent version. If no, please update. If yes and still experience problems - create a support ticket.

Dynatrace Managed expert

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I'm back with an answer how to set up #agentless monitoring for #DCRUM CAS :

Go to the User Properties and set up the DIAGNOSTIC_ENABLE_DT_SCRIPT property with value of agentless monitoring script path that you get from the Installation Wizard.

Example:

Your agentless monitoring script to inject looks like:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://abc123.managed.dynatrace.com:9999/jstag/managed/963ce132-00d5-4a4e-b359-6bb9d582f460/8089980b09de4cae_bs.js" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

In the DIAGNOSTIC_ENABLE_DT_SCRIPT property you need to enter script's src value. In that case it is:

https://abc123.managed.dynatrace.com:9999/jstag/managed/963ce132-00d5-4a4e-b359-6bb9d582f460/8089980b09de4cae_bs.js

Good luck!

Dynatrace Managed expert