cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to monitor SQL bind variables in Dynatrace managed

rajapandianc
Newcomer

Hi,

Is it possible to look-up SQL bind variables in Dynatrace Managed?

The Database monitoring page displays the DB statements, yet most bind variable values are not visible. Is there a provision to enable them?

Thanks,

RajaPandian

9 REPLIES 9

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

This is currently not possible.

Regards

Flo

Hi!

Any visible timeframe for implementation of this feature?

Hi

one of our PM told me that it will be implemented but there is no date at the moment.

Flo

It's been three months, so I'm asking for an update. This is a huge issue for us - can't overstate it - and is either going to force us into a hybrid approach of AppMon / Dynatrace OneAgent, or delay our Dynatrace adoption. Consequently, it's likely to slow our adoption of container technologies, which could be internally impactful.

Is there any more clarity on the timeframe, please?

ravishankar_jan
Participant

We have an application where we are finding high response time at Application end.

And we are able to give provide information to Dev team saying Particular method in the code is creating problem. But Dev team asking whether we can provide information like which Stored procedure or SQL is taking more time, which would help them to tune their Query.

1) In purepath i dont see any SQL stack displaying to find out the issue

2) i have a question saying for display SQL stack to be displayed do we need to have Data base Agent to be installed at dyantace side. or do we have any setting to see SQL tracing log

kennethjames_ve
Newcomer

hi @Florent D., we are having similar difficulties, is there any good news for this?

Hey Kenneth V.! According to a comment on this post, this is coming soon / by Calendar Q3:
https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/483/dynatrace-product-ideas/idea/183009/rfe-capture-sql-bind-values.html

thanks @Joshua P.!

michael_kopp
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/483/dynatrace...

this has been implemented for Dynatrace managed.