cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to identify the process by tagging with any host tagging? Hosts on AWS has tagging, processes doesn’t have any tagging

siva_puli_exter
Inactive

screenshot-tagging.pdf

Could you please help on below query?

We need some meaningful way of identifying the Process, Services, Components in CIP Cloud environment using Dynatrace One Agent.

Will help in identifying and isolating the issue’s faster for Operations team.

If there is a way to identify the process by tagging with any host tagging? Hosts on AWS has tagging, processes doesn’t have any tagging

For example:

If I want to see logical names tomcat_DM, tomcat_EIS is there any rules or a python script can be written to tag these Host attribute?

Please find the screenshot attached for reference.

We
are seeing six different TOMCAT process groups, Tomcat group should be
one. If
we have multiple its difficult to drill down on each and see which
process belongs to which group. Difficult
to have six different dashboard tiles for Tomcat

Thanks&Regards

Siva

3 REPLIES 3

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

First thing first. If you have multiple proces groups with such raw name I think you should use process group detection rule with process commandline arguments or environment variable that will rename those process groups. You will have readable names not just tomcat.

If number of process groups is ok (for example those tomcats has 6 different roles), you can use just Process Group Naming rules to rename them.

If you have tags from AWS, you can create host tagging rule and check checkbox: Add tags to processes running on this host. This will tag process instances not process groups. Any other tagging rules will tag whole process groups not only process instances.

But I think first thing you should do is to pick process group detection or just process group naming to distinguish those tomcats.

Regards,
Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thank you Sebastian

If you have more questions feel free to ask 🙂

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts