- a <script> tag that you can insert into the "<head>" section of your application's html pages so that instrumentation of the app can happen and you can track performance
- this option uses the same JS tag that the OneAgent injects.
- This tag has another attribute called "data-dtconfig" and this is what contains the monitoring settings (as defined from the Dynatrace environment).
- Because the monitoring settings are present in the tag itself, every time you make a change you have to generate a new tag with the new settings and update it everywhere yourself.
- The OneAgent uses this tag because the OneAgent does the injection automatically and can update the details instantly. However, because here we are talking about Agentless RUM, even though you are using the same tag as the OneAgent, you must do all the work that the OneAgent does during normal RUM (i.e. generate new tag, and replace the old one with it)
- PROs: No need to edit the HTML and Applications every time when you make a change
- CONs: You need to wait for your 'refresh period' to happen so that new settings are applied
- PROs: If you're happy to make changes to HTML, you can have changes to monitoring settings be applied instantly!
- CONs: Every time you make changes you need to update the tag yourself.