Curious if anyone else is encountering process crashes on Windows servers related to "oneagentdotnet.dll"?
I have opened a ticket this morning after spending some time debugging to narrow down what was causing some of our applications to fail. I ended up doing a rollback to Dynatrace-OneAgent-Windows-1.219.134 and disabled auto-update on the Windows hosts. After doing so, everything works perfectly.
I have seen this on:
Just a heads up!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have checked in several environments, and have not one crash related to this in the last 50 days. I do have automatic updates and am running 1.221 in most of them. But I did find several systems with the exact Windows versions that you refer to, without the specified crashes in the last 50 days. Hope this helps!
@larry_roberts Thank you for posting this. We have already had two major DT issues with Windows machines (Winpcap/Npcap, and port conflicts) that have taken down 2 critical production applications. I can't afford a third impact so thank you for posting this.
We're in the middle of our monthly patch cycle right now but are stopping it and will skip the 1.221 release. 221 doesn't have anything critical in it and it's safer to just skip it.
Please post if you notice anything else or discover the issue is specific to your company.
I just tested the newest OneAgent which is "Dynatrace-OneAgent-Windows-1.221.143" and yet again - Process crashes. Reverted back to "Dynatrace-OneAgent-Windows-1.219.162" and the process crash goes away.
Doing some more testing, but support had pointed this out around IIS and asked if I could change the parameters.
So I gave that a try by going into IIS, application pools, and setting "Enable 32-Bit Applications" to "False". As expected, the application no longer functions because it needs this set as "True".
I set it back to "True", rebooted, and the same process crashed. I then took a look at our deep monitoring settings. "OpenTelementry (.NET)" was enabled.
I then disabled this and restarted the server once again and now everything works on the latest OneAgent. So it appears that IIS app pools are not liking OpenTelemetry (.NET) for some reason.