Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live sessions vs. requests

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

What exactly represents the 'Live Sessions' WebSphere Application? As you can see below screenshot that with the passage of time, the number of requests was decreasing whereas the 'Live Sessions' were getting higher and higher.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1629960139994.png

Regards,

Babar

4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

This is very interesting @Babar_Qayyum . Maybe Dynatrace support can shed some light on this. 

-Chad

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Babar_Qayyum 

Data from agents is being collected and process by DAVIS in order to build all the connections from UA to all of the PP it called and to build the entire connections from client side to server side hence it takes 2-4 minutes to show the information in the UI. For user action its look like in those 2-4 minutes the data is shown in bulks i.e. the information that appears in the last 2-4 minutes will be change in the next 2-4 minutes. If we will look in the follow screen shot at 11:21 its shows 6 UA and none for 11:22

Yosi_Neuman_0-1630744249542.png

And after minute if you will rerun the query you will see at 11:21 UA raise to 9 and also you will see information for 11:22 

Yosi_Neuman_1-1630744384924.png

On the other hand the metric of Live sessions - builtin:tech.websphere.servletSessionsModule.LiveCount is collected each minute or so directly form WAS data 

Yosi_Neuman_2-1630744561992.png

And not need to be proccess by Davis so the information is shown at the UI almost immediately.

To check my theory on what you showed , can you please show us what do you see after 4 minutes  when you rerun the same query ? is it more sensible to understand the raise of user action vs WAS live sessions then?

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hello @Yosi_Neuman 

Thank you for sharing your comments.

The following screenshot is basically representing the problem. When the number of sessions reached up to the limit and then the number of requests reduced?

Babar_Qayyum_0-1630908071105.png

I wanted to know the reason behind this issue. Why the number of sessions reached the limit? Why does the number of requests stop processing/accepting requests?

Regards,

Babar

HI @Babar_Qayyum 

My bad, didn't notice you are asking about requests from the WAS :facepalm:.

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts