Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Logs of Managed Server and ActiveGate

yohnishi
Organizer

Hi all!

I have questions about the logging of Managed server and ActiveGate.

My customer will install Dynatrace Managed sever and ActiveGate. So they asked me about the management of Server and ActiveGate.

Does anyone have answers for the following questions?

1. Is the log rotation setting same of OneAgent's log setting?

(OneAgent's log rotaion setting is 5 generation, and each file limit is 10MB. https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/operating-systems/linux/operation/oneagent... )

2. What key word do they have to monitor for the detection of Managed server problem?

Regards,

Yasuo Ohnishi

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

the log monitoring is pretty sweet. So with the oneagent installed on the host, Dynatrace will not only marks the log entries that are linked to the issue, but you can also define out log strings for alerting. You can read more about it here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/log-monitoring/

-Chad

Hi Chad,

Thank you for your answer!

But my questions are about Dynatrace Managed server and ActiveGate's log monitoring.
So I think the log monitoring function can not use for these logs.

Do you know this answer?

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to use dynatrace to grab the log files from the clustered nodes? Now in order to do this you need to deploy the oneagent to the host. This works without issue on the Activegates but when we deployed the oneagent to the clustered nodes, some odd behavior happened. So I dont recommend using the Oneagent on the clustered nodes. This might have been corrected tho as it was 2 years ago when i tired it.

-Chad

Thank you for your comment. They will install other log monitoring tool for Dynatrace Managed server. It may be over-monitoring, but I think it is necessary.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

For ActiveGates it's 10 files 10MB each.

For Managed server it's 5 files 10MB each.

Server/AG logs are configurable in each respective config.properties file by:
[com.compuware.apm.logging]
maxBytes=10485760
maxFiles=5

To find issues - you can search for "exception" keyword.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Thank you for your answer. I will replay to our customer with this answer.

Featured Posts