Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Window Crashing

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Anyone else having this issue? 

While setting a maintenance window we selected "All entities" then targeted a Tag Name we have in our deployment. When providing the Tag value, it just sits there and loads until it crashes. 

Granted we do have a large number of automatic tags across our organization, but I would expect the product to be able to handle this. 

If we change the selector to a "Host" scope and provide the same Tag Name: Value it will work no problem. But when we have maintenance and a user says "Host 1 is going to be undergoing maintenance", we would like to have all processes and services associated with that tag of Host 1 all from that singular rule. 

Current Cluster Version: 1.226.91.20210918-122217 

ChadTurner_2-1632489726915.png

ChadTurner_3-1632489747455.png

-Chad
2 REPLIES 2

apasoquen1
Helper

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I hope this issue can be resolved soon as the API is not an option for some of our users.

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Support has provided an update on this issue: 

"The issue here is something our dev team is aware of. The query takes too long with the majority of it being spent in Cassandra. After 2 mins, it times out as seen in the error message.

As mentioned, our dev team is aware of this and has plans to switch MW to Settings 2.0 that is being worked on and available sometime soon. There is no release date as of yet so unfortunately, I am not able to give a timeline here. "

-Chad

Featured Posts