cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Disk Space

jason_westerhou
Newcomer

Cannot update cluster due to every node

not having enough space - The documentation calls for 5GB in /opt/dynatrace-managed but every node has the same message and cannot update:

Not enough free space (2 GB) on filesystem "/dev/mapper/appsvg-lv_OptDynMan". At least 3 GB is required for locations: "/opt/dynatrace-managed" Not enough free space (1 GB) on filesystem "/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_opt". At least 2 GB is required for locations: "/opt/dynatrace/oneagent"

I've checked and it looks like when the node downloads the latest 'upgrader*.jar' it puts the file system under the needed space.

Any suggestions? We need to make sure we have the space mapped out correctly for our unix team to give us the space.

Appreciate any help,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hey Jason, I'll be happy to help you on solving that issue.

Have you ensured yourself that you meet the requirements to upgrade as stated in the message? The attached screenshot does not show all paths stated in the message. If you need assistance, you can always contact with our Customer Support

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I've also encountered this issue at a PoC installation. Even if you configured your filesystem sizes according to the manual. The 5GB mentioned in the docs is enough for the dynatrace itself. It's not enough if you want to upgrade it what is happening every month 🙂

Have the /dev/mapper/appsvg-lv_OptDynMan increased to 10 or 15GB and it will be fine.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts