cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management zone and Network zones

Gator88
Participant

Hello,

Are there any good online resources that describe how management zones and network zones can be applied for projects? Like use cases. I understand how they work conceptually but am a bit confused as to how they should be applied for a project. Are there good use case examples?

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Management Zones are an organization tool for the UI. For example, if you have a collection of hosts, that support a specific application, you can formulate a MZ to hold all the associated entities. So your users just click on that application MZ and they can see the entities for that individual app. You can apply this at a team level vantage point as well. Its really up to you. But the basis of a Management Zone is to help organize entities into their particular group. 

Network Zone is designed for Oneagent Traffic routing and isn't of any benefit from the UI standpoint like the MZ is. Network Zone allows you to instruct a set of oneagents to which Activegate they are allowed to communicate to. This allows you to organize and control the flow of data across your network. For example, If you have a dedicated AG for VMWARE hosts, you can have the agents communicate via that route rather then trying to communicate via an AG this is for the onPrem or Cloud hosts. 

-Chad

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I leave a link to a diagram that I've made to ask some questions before the introduction of network zones, I guess that could be useful to clarify use cases for Network Zones.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Featured Posts