cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanism for limiting OneAgent deployment in OpenShift ("Application Only Mode")?

jeff_rowell
Helper

We are deploying Dynatrace Managed monitoring to our OpenShift containers using the “Application-Only” approach that involves adding OneAgent load instructions to our container .yaml files. These files get promoted from DEV to UAT and then PROD environments. We only wish to instrument the UAT and PROD environments and have been searching for a way to prevent agent deployment to DEV. I would be interested in whether anyone else has faced this issue and, if so, how you managed to exclude specific environments. Our OpenShift delivery team has stated that they can manually remove the loaded OneAgent from the DEV environment after each deployment, but they have not been able to come up with an automated solution. Other than preventing instrumentation, the other approach would be to disable the agents after then come online – but since the agents show up with a dynamic name as new containers are spun up, this is not a workable solution. It would be ideal if we could disable agents automatically based on some sort of rule, but I do not thing such a capability exists in Managed (please correct me if I am wrong).

1 REPLY 1

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There is no such option unfortunately, better may be some kind of solution made on YAML files. Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts