cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge database services

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Can we somehow selectively merge database services into one? We typically encounter a situation where database connections are not configured exactly same names (character case difference, short hostname vs fqdn, etc..). This results into multiple database services instead of a single one. Examples are ["MyDB", "mydb"] on same hostname which represent the same database, but are treated separately in Dynatrace.

For (application) services there is a functionality called "Merged service monitoring" which allows to create rules for joining multiple services into one. However it's not applicable to database services.

Reconfiguring application deployment itself is of course a straightforward solution but not always applicable or acceptable.

Certified Dynatrace Master | TEMPEST a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
2 REPLIES 2

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Here's where you can vote for this product idea: https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/483/dynatrace...

ainhoa
Visitor

I would like to be able to merge the services from the databases.

ok, I have been investigating, and for now, seems it's not possible to merge databases.
From Dynatrace told me that:
In any case Ainhoa, you can post a Product Idea  in the Dynatrace Product Ideas forum. Product Ideas posted here are reviewed by Product Management, who will provide feedback on the suggestion and indicate if the Product Idea is accepted, planned, already implemented, not planned, etc.