Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatched Metrics Data

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,
I am facing a situation where the funnel metrics data is mismatched (regardless of the different timeframes) with the individually created tile of each key user action (funnel chart created with the key user actions). In both charts/tiles, the same key user actions are used. I checked almost all the aggregations with the fold transformation but no luck.
What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Babar

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Babar_Qayyum  FUNNEL works on USQL with it's limitations. So keep in mind when comparing the data

• Key User Actions metrics do not allow you to specify any action that preceded the key user action. So basically it's a different number. 
  • Session has limit of 200 actions. Funnel works with this limit. So if your first action in in one session and the second action in another one, it won't fall into the funnel. Unfortunately.
  • USQL typically returns only a fraction of the data if a large dataset is about to be retrieved.

If still in doubt, try to narrow down the funnel filtering and investigate a particular session when you are sure it should be in the funnel but it's not. Most likely it will be due to the 200 action limit or due to other limits.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hello @Julius_Loman 

Yes, I am aware of the limitation of USQL. Apologies I could not understand the second point.

• Session has limit of 200 actions. Funnel works with this limit. So if your first action in in one session and the second action in another one, it won't fall into the funnel. Unfortunately.
    • Is this mean the whole session will be dropped from the count or only the first session action will be counted?

I tried to narrow it down and found different results e.g. today and the last 2 hours:

• Today
    • Funnel actions count for 3 key user actions: 193 - 44 - 8
    • Data explorer chart for each user action: 155 - 58 - 11
  • Last 2 hours
    • Funnel actions count for 3 key user actions: 29 - 3 - 0
    • Data explorer chart for each user action: 65 - 20 - 3

Regards,

Babar

Afaik if the whole session is split into chunks of 200 actions. All actions in a funnel must be present in a single chunk afaik.

Also when comparing, I'd compare values for yesterday or at least 8 hour old data to ensure there are no live sessions anymore. Comparing metric data and USQL for last 2 hours makes no sense due to live sessions.

In your example for Today - you have a higher number in the Funnel for the first action. This is particularly interesting - what funnel conditions do you have? are you sure you are looking at the same actions? Any chance you are counting both route change and XHRs?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hello @Julius_Loman 

These are XHR actions and all are marked as a key user actions. I could not get the question what funnel conditions do you have? 

I checked more extended periods in the historical data but a noticeable difference is there e.g. day before yesterday:

• Funnel Count: 236 - 73 - 22
  • Metrics Count: 158 - 79 - 27

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts