cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Azure Kubernetes Service

michael_kambeck
Newcomer

I've installed a sample non-productive Kubernetes cluster with default settings (rbac enabled) inside of my Azure tenant and I'm trying to get Dynatrace connected to the API and monitor the cluster. I've followed the steps on the following url https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/cloud-platforms/kubernetes/installation-an... but can't connect to the Kubernetes Cluster. The URL is correct, I'm getting a Bearer token but the connection can't be established. Just getting the info "Communication error".

Beforehand I installed an ActiveGate onto an Azure vm. Does the ActiveGate need a direct connection to the Kubernetes Cluster or does the Kubernetes Cluster need a direct connection to the ActiveGate? HTTPS in and out is allowed and shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone had the same problem or can give me an info where I have to look?

Thank you in advance 🙂

Cheers,
Michael

3 REPLIES 3

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Did you try maybe do curl from ActiveGate host just for checking if communication is working properly?

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hi @sebastian k.! Found out myself a few minutes ago what the problem was. The SSL certificate installed on the Kubernetes Cluster in Azure is not safe per default and i had to deactivate the host validation inside the ActiveGate. Now everything works 🙂 Thank you very much!

Cool 🙂 Good to hear. I fought that this may be issue, this is why I was asking for curl result 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts