cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring IBM API Connect

sgaragoneses
Inactive

Hi all,

Does anybody have experience in API Connect monitoring with Dynatrace?, or know if its possible?. I can´t find any official reference.

Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Any update here? we see more and more sites that uses IBM API Connect and ask for monitoring with dynatrace.

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I think IBM has to start working with dynatrace in the same way that AWS is about preparing solution for this. For now still there is no possibility for such monitoring as I know.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hi @sebastian k.

Question is there an intention, from dynatrace side, to build active gate plugin , as built for IBM DataPower for example

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

AG plugin will provide you only metrics, not transactions. This is why I've said what I've said 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Metrics are better than nothings .... 😉

Also interested in the monitoring of API Connect.

I noticed in the following article: https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/improved-error-handling-for-ibm-integration-bus-iib-message-flow... that the next steps is the support for IBM Application Connect 11. What does this entail? When will this be available?

Barry

ccarrasco
Inactive

hello! i'm interested about this new feature, When we have news?

My customer will be use AWS + apiConnect (on site), for his news products

Carlos.

Santosh
Observer

We have tried IBM API Connect analytics api to collect the all API calls and specific metrics of API's like errors, response time, throughput, etc  using Activegate extension.  

Hi @Santosh  

Can you please elaborate a bit on your testing with IBM API Connect analytics API?

What was the result of your try? 

Thanks in advance for any information on this

Yos

Hi @Yos,

We tried the below event analytics api to collect the API details like response time, status code, api name,  URI path, Productname, HTTP method etc. 

https://<apic analytics server>/v1/orgs/api/environments/xxxx/events

Then we have created the below metrics in dynatrace using activate extension with dimensions API name, Http method, status code.

TimeToServeRequest
StatusCodeCount
NumberOfApiCalls
FailureRate
FailureCodeCount

Every minute this extension execute rest call to APIC analytics servers and collect these metrics details. So we create the dashboard as per requirement to analyze respective api calls and generate the custom events. 

Thanks @Santosh for sharing the information!

Yos 

Hi @Santosh 

have you some documentation that i can read to create this?

thanks!

Hey Santosh,

Can you provide more details about this solution?

Regards,

Featured Posts