cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multidimensional data accuracy

theharithsa
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I have a small query here regarding Multidimension Charts where, I am seeing there is a difference in response time (max) value when I view in the services view (Fig 1), and if I go inside that service, the same request that has a response time that is different (Fig 2). Any idea why this is and any explanation for this?

ValidateOTP is the request I am talking about. This is happening to all of them as well.

Love more, hate less; Technology for all, together we grow.
4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If the time frames are equal, then I would guess here the global MDA takes only a part of the requests for analysis. Sometimes you can do a refine by clicking in the MDA, so it will take a larger part.

You have the MAX aggregation set - where it's important to have analyze all requests.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks for answering the question, Julius. 

Still, after refining I can see there is a difference in the response time in the services view and after clicking on the service the value it shows for the same request is a different response time. Why this duration is not the same? Any explanation for that?

theharithsa_0-1634116537856.png

theharithsa_1-1634116553450.png

Did you try to refine in the second case?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Yes, I did but still the same case. Also when I check the PurePaths for the request having maximum time this varies from what is actually shown in the multidimensional chart. 

Featured Posts